You should use at least 5-10 interests when defining an interest-based audience.
Thinking about the following questions can help you to define your target audience more easily:
- What are some hobbies related to your products? e.g. basketball, baking, etc.
- What are your products used for? e.g. decorating, running, etc.
- What style do your products have? e.g. handmade, rustic, urban etc.
- In what situations or contexts are your products used? e.g. weddings, parties, etc.
- What magazines, media or programs talk about your products? e.g. Sports Illustrated, Vanity Fair, etc.